Monday, April 19, 2010

Grandma's Love

Beth G. is the Sales Director in our office. Her grandmother used to make her sweaters that over time became unwearable and were about to be tossed out. I had asked her for the sweaters and told her I could unravel them and make her a little something that she would have to remember her Grandma's love of knitting. Here is Beth's shawl.
I must admit, that the knitting goddess saw fit to slap me upside my head where this pattern was concerned. I went at it with the attitude that if I would just plunge in and go for it that I could make a work of art. I thought I knew what I was doing, but I didn't. I didn't get upset when I had to frog the project 7-8 times and start again. Oh no...but when I realized that I didn't know how to block the darn thing is where the lesson in humility knocked me off my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is subject to the whim of my thoughts. Read at your own discretion.