Thursday, July 22, 2010

Christmas for Laura Ann

My sister in law, LA is always remembering me and mine during Christmas. I am the worst Christmas gift exchanger on the planet. It's not that I don't want to exchange gifts, it's just that I am not a shopper. Never have been, never will be.


I had just finished knitting an afghan for my son Daniel. It was decorated in beautiful cables and sported as many colors of the rainbow as I could manage. If my son had been named Jacob, it could have been a biblical afghan.


I had left over yarn from this project and was still in knitting mode, so I decided to make a sweater for Laura Ann. I found a pattern from the website Girl from Auntie and used her pattern Trumpet to get me started.


Trumpet has long sleeves and a short row cowl neck that this southern girl just abhors. Just looking at it made me break out in a sweat.


So I followed the pattern, omitting the sleeves and the cowl neck and added vertical ribbing for contour fitting. I used Caron Simply Soft in Deep Teal Heather and Denim Heather. 


Pleased with the outcome and giddy because I didn't waste a moment in a retail store, I had my sweet hubby wrap the gift to send with my mother in law since she was traveling to Birmingham to visit Laura Ann and other family.


Christmas will be here before I know it so I best get my patterns out now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is subject to the whim of my thoughts. Read at your own discretion.