Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heirloom Baby Blanket Ensemble

I sure am getting a lot of practice making baby blankets and stuff especially for someone who really doesn't like children.
I'm not Cruella DeVille like some people think, I have children of my own, but I don't necessarily enjoy being around other people's kids.
Actually, now that my boys are grown, I find that I actually have something in common with them other than being there mother.

Anyway, I was asked by a precious co-worker to make an heirloom blanket for her granddaughter who was due to make her arrival in February.
I got all caught up in the "oohs and ahhs" as this paneled blanket was taking shape that I decided that clearly, this granddaughter was going to need some socks to go with her blanket. We can't have her little toes exposed, now can we?

So, once I finished the socks I thought, well a good southern girl will need a hat to complete her ensemble. So I whipped out my crochet hook and two hours later, the child has a hat fit for a beauty queen.

I washed and blocked the blanket, socks and hat...stood back to admire my handiwork and thought, "What in the world are you doing?" Honey, I'm surprised that I stopped when I did before I knitted a onesie outfit or dress, because I most definitely had been looking at patterns!

Here's a few pictures of the project. But I would appreciate it that if you should see me making a stupid baby blanket again, that you will remind me that I DO NOT LIKE CHILDREN!





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I designed that there blanket! My favorite thing about it is that there is no wrong side. I must say I do like it in horizontal stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! But I think "the lady doth protest too much!" JPerry

    ReplyDelete

This blog is subject to the whim of my thoughts. Read at your own discretion.