Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pirate Princess

My BFF Renee has a very old black short-haired miniature Dauchsaund named Schatzee. Renee and I were new friends when she brought Schatzee home and our sons were in first grade. Now our sons are in college and Schatzee is still with us, giving unconditional love to Renee and thinks I  love her too.

Schatzee doesn't know that I'm not a dog person. She thinks I'm just wonderful. She crawls in my lap and licks me as if I'm part of the family. I am more than happy to point out what a smelly, stupid dog she is but because the tone of my voice says anything but, she just knows that she is my favorite. After all these years, there is no point in telling her differently.

Living on Alabama's Gulf Coast, Renee has a love of the sea, sailing and the freedom it brings her, therefore, she considers herself a pirate at heart. (Renee and I also have a Johnny Depp fetish where Pirates of the Caribbean movies are concerned. But I digress...)

I was browsing through knitting patterns for some ideas when I ran across this pirate dog sweater. I knew instantly that I had to make it for her. I didn't buy any special yarn, I just used what I had in my stash which consisted of some off white baby yarn and ball of black acrylic. I found some pearl beads in the bottom of my beading tray, strung them on the baby yarn and sewed it around the collar.
I call it, Pirate Princess and hope that it's not too long, too wide or too garish for Schatzee's taste.

2 comments:

  1. sooo cute! Sachtzee and Renee will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. last post was from me, Judy ;)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is subject to the whim of my thoughts. Read at your own discretion.