Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wesley's First Christmas

My oldest son, Christopher, has blessed our family by adding to his.
On October 8, 2011, Wesley Connor Brush was born. This automatically makes me a grandmother of which I have no experience. In fact, anyone who knows me will tell you that I don't really care for children.
Oh, mine were alright, I suppose, but even that was pushing it for me.
You see, back in 1990, I had a job in a daycare center where my children were attending. I never thought I'd make it past two weeks, yet I stayed there for six years. So maybe you could understand a little bit why I just don't really enjoy being around children.
Yet, Wesley was born and the person I always was seemed to just...disappear, and was replaced with what I am today, a picture showing, love gushing grandmother that chose the name Nana. You can color me surprised.
This has also effected my knitting choices as you will see. I decided to make an afghan for the precious tyke and not just any afghan, oh no, I wanted it to be heirloom, something that he will have and cherish for his entire life and I do mean his ENTIRE life.
I found the Tree of Life pattern off the Lion Brand website, got my materials together and on May 29, 2011 cast on the project that would consume my life for six months. I finished it on November 30, 2011.
My dear husband boxed it up along with a leather bound book of Twas The Night Before Christmas, and sent it off for Wesley's first Christmas.
May I present to you, my labor of love, for the new love of my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is subject to the whim of my thoughts. Read at your own discretion.